Gnocchi With Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 16 Ounces Refrigerated Gnocchi
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small White Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Large Italian Sweet Pepper (Roasted & Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size sauté pan add olive oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add onions and cook 5 minutes to soften. Add garlic and chopped roasted pepper. Cook 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, 1/4 cup water, basil, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, and pepper. Turn heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring large-size pot of salted water to a vigorous boil. Gently drop gnocchi into boiling water a few at a time, stirring gently and continuously. Cook until tender, about 1 minute after they rise to the surface. Remove from water with slotted spoon, drain well and transfer to serving bowl. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water in case you need to thin out the sauce a bit. Add sauce to gnocchi and serve garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved