When it’s hot outside I tend to grill; when I don’t grill I make salads. Summer Pasta Salad is perfect for steamy summer days.
Summer Pasta Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 14 ratings
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Trim Fat)
- 1 Large Cucumber (Diced)
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil
- 1 Cup Black Or Green Olives (Pitted)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Grated Lime Zest
- 8 Ounces Penne Or Spiral Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Diced Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Shallot (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Slices
- Place chicken in large-size skillet and add enough water to cover. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently 10 to 12 minutes until cooked through and not longer pink in the middle. Remove and transfer to cutting board to cool. Shred chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Bring large-size pot of water to boil. Cook pasta until just tender according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Transfer pasta to large-size serving bowl. Add chicken.
- To Make Dressing: Heat small-size skillet over a medium-low heat. Add olive oil and shallot. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown. Add chicken broth, crumbled feta, and lime juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes until feta starts to melt.
- Pour dressing over pasta and chicken. Add bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, olives, diced feta, and kosher salt. Toss to combine. Garnish with red onion slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved