Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Olive oil and starchy potato water add silkiness to buttery Yukon Golds. You will need either a food mill or potato ricer for this recipe.
- 2 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (Cut Into Chunks)
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a large-size pot add potatoes and cover with cold water. Add kosher salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain, but reserve 1 cup starchy potato water.
- In same pot add olive oil. Heat over a medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Force potatoes through food mill or ricer into pot with olive oil. Stir in starchy water. Add pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen