Sweet and spicy thanks to cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, and cloves; these old fashioned bars are a classic. You don’t need to go on a foxhunt to enjoy these delightful fall treats!
Old Fashioned Hunt Bars
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1 Large Egg
- 2/3 Cup Raisins
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine Flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add molasses and egg. Beat well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and shape into a ball. Cut in half. Shape each half into a log 12 inches long and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Leave at least 3 inches between logs. Press down lightly on tops of logs with your fingers to give them a slightly squared off shape.
- Place in oven, on center rack, 15 minutes until edges are just barely crisp. Remove from oven and cool. Cut into bars.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Makes 16
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes Chill Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved