Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Make this when peaches are plentiful and put it away in the cupboard. Every jar you open in the winter makes the sun come out.
- 10 Pounds Fresh Peaches (Washed, Peeled, Pitted, And Sliced)
- 10 Cups Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 10 Tablespoons Pectin (Optional)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- I rarely use pectin in my jams, but you may.
- In large-size pot combine peaches, pectin (optional), lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks. Bring to boil. Stir gently. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute. Stir constantly as you don’t want it to burn. Remove from heat.
- Skim any foam, if necessary. Remove cinnamon sticks and throw away. Ladle hot preserves into hot & sterile jars. Leave 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling-water canner.
- Makes 8 Pint Jars
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved