This is a perfect side dish that also doubles as a nice main dish for those hot days that you don’t feel like cooking.
Rice With Chicken & English Peas
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 9 ratings
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup English Peas (Cooked)
- 2 Cups Cooked & Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Rinse rice in several changes of water until water runs clear. Bring rice, lemon zest, and water to boil in medium-size saucepan. Add salt. Reduce heat, cover pan, and simmer 18 to 20 minutes until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Uncover and scatter on top of rice, chicken and peas. Cover and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff rice with fork, and then mix in almonds and lemon juice.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved