Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
This cake is delicious and can be made with any type of honey you like. You can make this cake ahead of time. Just make sure that you wrap it well in plastic wrap to keep it from drying out.
- 3 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Olive Oil
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Cooled Coffee
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Schnapps
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease glass loaf pan and then line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In a large-size bowl beat eggs. Gradually add sugar to eggs and continue to beat until nice and thick. Add olive oil, honey, coffee, cherry schnapps, and orange juice. Beat on low speak until just combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven for 40 to 50 minutes until done. Remember that every oven heat differently.
- You will want cake to spring back when lightly pressed and inserted toothpick comes out clan.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Turn cake out onto serving plate or cake plate. You may want to slip knife around cake to loosen edges.
- Make sure to remove parchment paper.
- Serves 8
- © Victoria Hart Glavin