Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Baking, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Butter, Cakes, Cinnamon, Cream Cheese, Cream Cheese Frosting, Eggs, Flour, Kosher Salt, Oil, Olive Oil, Powdered Sugar, Salt, Sugar, Summer Fun, Tiny New York Kitchen, Vanilla, Victoria Hart Glavin, Walnuts, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com, Zucchini, Zucchini Cake
If you like carrot cake then chances are that you’ll like Zucchini Cake.
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch cake pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat eggs with sugar until fluffy. Add olive oil and blend well
- In large-size bowl combine flour, kosher salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add zucchini alternately with dry ingredients to egg mixture. Blend well. Add vanilla and blend again. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and place in oven 55 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting, mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar slowly. Blend thoroughly.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 55 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved