Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
An Italian classic that is delicious right out of the oven or at room temperature.
- 30 Small Peppers
- 3/4 Cup Stale Bread Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Pancetta
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Cubed Mozzarella
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife make slits in peppers and remove seeds and pith. Arrange peppers on prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl add water, stale bread pieces, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In large-size skillet heat 4 tablespoons olive oil over a medium heat. Add onions and pancetta. Cook 10 minutes until onions are soft. Add soaked bread (leave behind any unabsorbed water), basil, kosher salt, and pepper. Combine well. Remove from heat and add mozzarella.
- Evenly spoon stuffing into peppers. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Place in oven 30 to 40 minutes until stuffing has browned and cheese has melted. Make sure to run halfway through.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 30
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved
- **Chef’s Note: Use 10 bell peppers if you want larger portions.