Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 3 1/2 Cups Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 20 Ounces Cheese Or Spinach Tortellini
- Extra Parmesan Cheese For Garnish
- In large-size pot or Dutch oven add olive oil. Turn heat to medium and add onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, kosher salt, pepper, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Turn heat down and simmer 20 minutes. Add tortellini to soup and cook another 15 minutes. Stir in shredded parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved