Yields or Serves: 6
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I like to make this super easy and comforting version of a traditional English bread and butter pudding. If you don’t have apricot jam just use any jam that you may have on hand.
- 12 Slices Day Old White Bread
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Jar Apricot Jam
- 4 Cups Milk
- 6 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Additional Sugar For Sprinkling Over Top Before Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x12 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Make sandwiches of bread, butter, and jam. Cut sandwiches into quarters and arrange loosely in prepared baking pan.
- In medium-size bowl mix milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Pour over sandwich quarters. Generously sprinkle top with sugar.
- Place in oven 30 to 40 minutes until custard is set and top crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Cut pieces and serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved