Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Serves 6 to 12
When I have holiday guests I like to make this classic combination of bacon and eggs that are baked atop buttered bread slices in individual ramekins or muffin tins for a breakfast or brunch entrée.
- 12 Thick Bacon Slices
- 6 Slices White Or Wheat Bread
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Generously grease 12 ramekins or a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- In large-size sauté pan over a medium-low heat cook bacon in batches about 2 minutes per side until just starting to crisp. Remove from heat and transfer to paper towel to let cool.
- Cut bread into rounds that will fit on bottom of ramekins (or muffin cups). Brush both sides with melted butter. Place bread slice in each ramekin or muffin cup. Lay a bacon slice on top of bread. Carefully crack an egg on top of each bacon slice so that it fits the well. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place in oven 8 to 10 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 6 to 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved