Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Appetizers, Artichoke Hearts, Artichokes, Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Butter, Cheddar Cheese, Cheese, Cheese & Artichoke Fondue, Flour, Fondue, French Bread, Garlic, Greenwich Free Press, Herbed Bread, Milk, Monterey Jack Cheese, Mustard, Parmesan Cheese, Tabasco Sauce, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Worcestershire Sauce, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
It’s the weekend and a time to relax. How about making a Cheese & Artichoke Fondue for a fun snack or addition to a meal? It’s not difficult to do and is a fun way to spend time indoors on a cold winter day.
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 12 Ounces Monterey Jack Cheese (Cubed)
- 3 Ounces Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 4 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- 14 Ounces Artichoke Hearts (Drained & Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers (Drained & Diced)
- French Bread (Cubed) Or Herbed Bread (Cubed) Or Vegetables
- In medium-size sauté pan add butter and melt over a medium heat. Add garlic and chopped artichoke hearts. Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In 2 quart saucepan, mix cheeses, milk, Worcestershire sauce, flour, mustard, and Tabasco sauce until cheese has melted. Stir frequently. Stir in artichoke hearts mixture and diced red bell peppers.
- Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot. Keep warm over a low flame.
- To serve, dip bread cubes or vegetables into fondue.
- If your fondue becomes too thick then just stir in a small amount of milk.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen