Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Give your Valentine unique homemade truffles that are sure to impress. This is an easy recipe, but make sure to coat the chestnuts quickly as the chocolate mixture tends to harden easily.
- 40 Peeled Roasted Chestnuts
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Brandy
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In medium-size saucepan add heavy cream over a medium-low heat for 6 minutes. Add butter and cook until it melts.
- Turn off heat and add chocolate chips. Mix well until chocolate melts completely. Stir in brandy.
- One by one dip chestnuts in chocolate mixture and cover chestnut entirely. Gently place on prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge and dust in cocoa powder.
- Makes 40 Truffles
- Note: You can find package peeled & roasted chestnuts in the specialty or nut section of your local market.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 8 Minutes Total Time: 38 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved