Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
This Classic Carrot Cake is surprisingly easy to make.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Carrots (Peeled And Coarsely Grated)
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 Ounces Full Fat Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds (Optional)
- Orange And Green Cookie Icing For Carrots (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt.
- In medium-size bowl whisk together eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture into flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Fold in grated carrots and 1 cup chopped nuts. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Place in oven 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Arrange 1 layer on cake plate. Spread 1 cup frosting on top. Top with second layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Decorate sides of cake with slivered almonds. Pipe on carrots if you wish.
- To make frosting: In large-size bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add a splash of milk or a bit more powdered sugar for desired consistency.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved