Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Emmentaler or Emmental is a yellow, medium-hard cheese that originated in the area around Emmental, Switzerland. It is one of the cheeses of Switzerland, and is sometimes known as Swiss cheese.
- 1 Pound Emmentaler Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Pound Gruyere Cheese (Grated)
- 2 Cups Dry White Wine
- 1 Garlic Clove (Halved)
- 3 Tablespoons Kirsch Brandy (Optional)
- Rub the inside of your fondue pot with garlic clove to season it and then throw away the garlic.
- Add wine and kirsch (if using it) and heat on medium heat until hot. Do not bring to a boil. Add cheeses and stir in a zigzag motion until they are evenly melted.
- Serve in a small crock-pot or Sterno heated boiler with bit-sized pieces of fresh bread or vegetables for dipping.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Note: A double boiler works great for cooking the fondue.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved