Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
I don’t know one person who doesn’t love a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. Make it even better by adding crabmeat to the mix. This delightful treat is perfect for weekend lunches or anytime for that matter. You can also cut it into bit-size pieces and serve it as an appetizer if you’re hosting a July 4th party.
- 8 Ounces Crab Claw Meat (Picked Through)
- 8 Ounces Lump Crabmeat (Picked Through)
- 1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Green Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Pound Fontina Cheese (Grated)
- 16 Slices Sourdough Bread Or Any Bread You Want
- 2 Medium Ripe Tomatoes (Cut Into 1/4 Inch Slices)
- 8 Ounces Unsalted Butter
- In medium-size bowl combine all crabmeat, Creole seasoning, and green onions.
- In another medium-size bowl combine both cheeses. Place 2 ounces of cheese on one slice of bread, then place 2 ounces crabmeat evenly on top of cheese. Top with 2 slices of tomatoes. Top with another 2 ounces of cheese. Place slice of bread on top.
- In large-size skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Carefully place sandwich right into butter and lightly brown. Add a bit more butter to pan. VERY carefully turn sandwich over into butter and cook until lightly brown. Press sandwich with spatula.
- Once both sides are lightly browned and cheese starts to ooze from ends remove and cut diagonally into 4 triangles. Place on serving platter.
- Repeat until done.
- Makes 8 Large Sandwiches Or 32 Mini Grilled Cheese Appetizer Portions
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved