This is a nice stew to make if you have leftover vegetables. Italian Vegetable Stew is perfect for an autumn lunch or a light dinner. Serve with delicious crusty bread.
Italian Vegetable Stew
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 30 ratings
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Whole Tomatoes (With Juice)
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Pound Zucchini
- 2 Medium Potatoes (Peeled & Cubed)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Rough Chopped)
- 2 Celery Stalks (Sliced)
- 1 Pound String Beans (Trimmed & Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces)
- In large-size heavy skillet, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil, over a medium-high heat, for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mashing them slightly with fork. Stir well; add tomato paste, kosher salt, and pepper, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Gently stir and cook 5 minutes.
- Add hot water and stir well. Let sauce come to gentle boil.
- Add zucchini potatoes, green pepper, celery, and string beans. Let mixture come to gentle boil. Cover and turn heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes until vegetables are tender, but not mushy.
- Turn off heat and let stew rest 15 minutes for a better flavor. Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 28 Minutes Total Time: 48 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved