Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
The robust flavor of chopped kale stands up to the tart Caesar dressing. Serve as a first course or as a side salad with grilled chicken, beef, or lamb.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Green Kale (Stems Discarded & Chopped)
- 1 1/2 Cups Croutons (Homemade Is Best)
- 1 Cup Shaved Parmesan
- Anchovy Dressing
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Anchovies
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Cups Olive Oil
- In a large-size serving bowl, place chopped kale. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender mix garlic, kosher salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, Parmesan, anchovies, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and egg yolks. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until dressing is thick.
- Add croutons and shaved Parmesan to chopped kale and toss well. Slowly drizzle anchovy dressing onto salad and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen