Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Ice Cream, Lemon Juice, Lemon Sorbet, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Non-Dairy, Salt, Sorbet, Sugar, Summer, Vegan, Waer
I love lemons because they are so refreshing. Despite being made from just lemons, sugar, and water, this sorbet is silky and creamy. This simple dessert can be made with or without an ice cream machine.
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Lemons (Juiced)
- Pinch Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- In food processor or blender pulse sugar, lemon zest, and pinch of salt until combined. Add water and lemon juice and pulse about 1 minute until sugar has completely dissolved. Strain mixture through fine-mesh strainer into large-size bowl. Throw away solids. Place in refrigerator 1 hour until completely chilled.
- Transfer chilled lemon mixture to an ice cream machine and churn 15 to 30 minutes until mixture consistency is nice and thick. If you do not have an ice cream machine pour mixture onto cookie sheet and freeze until set. Break it up and blend in food processor until smooth. Freeze and blend again for an ultra-smooth consistency.
- Transfer sorbet to airtight container. Press firmly to remove any air pockets and freeze at least 2 hours until firm.
- Sorbet can be frozen for up to 5 days.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Chill Time: 180 Minutes Total Time: 220 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved