Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
I’ve been having so much fun playing around with my ice cream maker and experimenting with different recipes. What to do with all of those plums? Make sorbet with them. I love this recipe.
- 6 Red Plums
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Ripe Peaches (Peeled & Pitted)
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar Syrup
- To make Sugar Syrup: The usual formula is 2 parts water to 1 part sugar. Mix water and sugar together in saucepan and bring to boil. Boil, stirring, until sugar has melted. Remove from heat and chill. Store syrup in jar with lid in refrigerator.
- Cook plums in water and sugar for 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and cool until you are able to handle them. Remove pits, but NOT the skins because they give a very nice color.
- Place in mixture in blender or food processor (along with cooking liquid) and peaches. Blend until very smooth. Stir in sugar syrup and cool.
- Place in ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Place in freezer until ready to serve.
- Makes 1 quart.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved