Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
There is no set recipe for minestrone soup, since it is usually made out of whatever vegetables are in season or what you may have on hand. I had leftover pancetta from the holidays so used it in this minestrone soup. If you want to make yours meat-free then leave it out and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 Slices Pancetta (Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Carrots (Diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 3/4 Cup Zucchini (Diced)
- 2 Cups Cooked Cannellini Beans
- 2 Cups Chick Peas
- 1/2 Cup String Beans (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (Diced)
- 1/3 Cup Mini Shell Pasta
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- In large-size soup pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add pancetta, onions, carrots, zucchini, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add string beans, cannellini beans, chick peas, tomatoes, chicken broth, and water.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen