Perfect Pumpkin Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 1/2 Pounds Sugar Pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 5 Cups Chicken Or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Large Potato (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds and strings. Peel pumpkin and cut flesh into cubes.
- In large-size pot add olive oil and butter. Melt butter over a medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes until just turning golden. Add broth, pumpkin and potatoes. Turn heat to high ad bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and cook 30 minutes until pumpkin and potatoes are tender.
- Turn off heat and let cool slightly. Purée in blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Return to pot. Add lemon zest, cayenne pepper, and half & half. Warm over low heat. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved