Yields or Serves: Makes About 4 Pints
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
About this time each year I go on a food preserving frenzy so that I can enjoy summer’s deliciousness during the winter months.
- 20 Medium Sweet Mixed Peppers
- 5 Large Garlic Cloves (Skins On)
- 1 1/2 Cups White Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Roughly Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Roast peppers and garlic cloves on a grill or under the broiler until charred, turning to roast all sides. Once the skin of the peppers wrinkles and chars and garlic has charred, remove from heat. Place peppers in a covered bowl until cool enough to handle, then peel.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves to remove from peel and combine with white vinegar, cider vinegar, white wine, onion, sugar, oregano and kosher salt in large saucepan. Bring to boil over a medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and gently boil 5 minutes.
- Pack room temperature peppers into hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Ladle hot pickling liquid into jar to cover peppers leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot pickling liquid. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- Serve now or process for 15 minutes in hot water bath.
- Makes about 4 pint jars
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved