This dish has it all, crispy pancetta, red wine vinegar to cut the richness, and caramelized Brussels sprouts.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 12 Cups (Approximately 36 Ounces) Brussels Sprouts (Halved)
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Ounces Diced Pancetta
- 3 Large Shallots
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sugar
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese For Garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large-size bowl toss sprouts with 4 tablespoons olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Arrange in single layers on each pan and roast 30 to 35 minutes until tender. Make sure to turn sprouts so they are cut-sides down.
- While sprouts are roasting combine pancetta and remaining olive oil in large-size skillet. Coon over a medium heat 4 minutes until pancetta is crisp. Stir often.
- Thinly slice shallots. With slotted spoon transfer cooked pancetta to small-size bowl. Add shallots and thyme to skillet. Cook 2 minutes. Stir often. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Remove from heat.
- In large-size serving bowl toss roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta vinaigrette until well coated. Garnish freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- NOTE: You may make this dish up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate vinaigrette, sprouts, and pancetta separately. Reheat sprouts and pancetta together in 400 degree oven. Microwave vinaigrette to warm.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved