Skillet Cranberry Lemon Chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 Chicken Breast Breasts, Thighs Or Legs
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Pound Baby Potatoes (Halved)
- 4 Carrots (Cut On Diagonal)
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In small-size bowl combine cranberries, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Place chicken pieces on a plate. Rub with 3 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, kosher salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In large-size cast iron skillet add remaining olive oil and turn heat to a medium-high. Get oil nice and hot. Add chicken pieces and sear 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and transfer to a clean plate. Add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, potatoes, and carrots. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are a bit soft. Add wine and scrape up any browned bits. Cook for 5 minutes until wine is slightly reduced. Add chicken pieces back in with vegetables and add lemon juice. Sprinkle cranberry mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Place in oven 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are nice and tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with any remaining pan sauce.
- Serve immediately
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved