Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
You cooked all day yesterday and have tons of leftovers and if you’re wondering what to do with leftover turkey you just might want to make this delicious Turkey Pot Pie. Sharp cheddar cheese gives this easy to make turkey pot pie its appeal.
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 3 Cups Cooked Turkey (Chopped)
- 10 Ounces Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Corn)
- 1/2 Cup Onions (Chopped)
- 1 Pie Crust
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large-size saucepan mix milk, mayonnaise, and flour. Turn heat to medium-low and cook 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add cheese and cook 1 more minute. Mix well until blended. Add turkey, mixed vegetables, and onions. Cook 2 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Grease 9-inch pie plate with olive oil. Spoon turkey mixture, evenly, into prepared pie plate. Place crust over filling. Flute edges and seal to rim of pie plate. Cut several slits in crust to let steam escape. Place on baking sheet to catch any spillage.
- Place in oven and bake 30 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen