Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Just trying stopping your guests from inhaling these warm, chewy bites, paired with a delectable cheese sauce seasoned with spicy mustard. We love Mustard Girl mustards!
- 5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
- 16 Ounces Pizza Dough (Room Temperature)
- 3 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Large Egg (Beaten)
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 8 Ounces Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 6 Ounces Evaporated Milk
- 6 Ounces Brown or Amber Ale
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard (I Use Mustard Girl Dijon)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place water in large-size pot and stir in baking soda. Heat to a boil on high.
- With lightly floured hands, roll pizza dough into 1-inch balls. Gently add the dough balls to the boiling water. Cook 1 minute, stirring gently. With slotted spoon remove dough balls, shaking off excess liquid. Place on prepared baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart.
- Brush dough balls with egg. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Place in oven 12 to 15 minutes until deep golden brown.
- While pretzels baking, coarsely grate cheese into medium-size bowl. Toss with cornstarch until well coated.
- In medium-size saucepan whisk together milk, beer, and mustard. Turn heat to medium-high until hot and slightly steaming, but not boiling. Stir often. Whisk in cheese by handfuls until melted and smooth.
- Serve cheese sauce with warm pretzel minis.
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 22 Minutes Total Time: 42 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved