Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
I was in Portland, OR a week ago and had these hot wings at Pok Pok. They were so delicious that I decided to try to recreate them. Warning…they’re spicy.
- 1/4 Cup Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 4 Pounds Chicken Wings (Tips Discarded)
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Ginger
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Long Thai Chiles (Minced)
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Fish Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint
- In a small-size bowl, combine curry powder, kosher salt, pepper, and sesame oil. Rub wings with spice mixture.
- Grill wings in grill pan, over a medium-high heat, for 5 to 8 minutes. You can grill these wings on your outdoor grill if you want to.
- Turn often until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove wings from heat and place them into a large-size bowl.
- Toss with remaining ingredients, until wings are well coated.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve.
- Serves 6
- © Victoria Hart Glavin