Tomato Basil Pizza Blanco is a nice weekend treat. Handy for if you’re on the go or sitting back and relaxing.
Tomato Basil Pizza Blanco
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 10 Ounces Pizza Dough
- 28 Ounces Diced Tomatoes (Drained)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease 12” pizza pan or 13x9” pan. Set aside.
- In small-size saucepan heat butter over a medium heat. Add flour and stir until thoroughly mixed. Slowly whisk in milk, adding gradually. Stir in kosher salt, pepper, garlic, and 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Reduce heat to low and cook until starting to thicken. Remove from heat. Will thicken more upon standing.
- Place pizza dough on prepared pan. Starting at center press dough out with hands to edge of pan. Push up sides about 1/4 inch.
- Spread cheese sauce mixture on crust. Arrange diced tomatoes in single layer over cheese sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over tomatoes. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Just before serving finish with fresh basil.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time:15 Minutes Total Time:35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved