Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without cranberry sauce.
- 1 Orange (Juice & Peel)
- 1 1/2 Pounds Fresh Or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- Using vegetable peeler remove peel from orange in wide strips, leaving white pith behind. Juice orange.
- In large-size saucepan combine orange peel, orange juice, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon stick, and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes until cranberries begin to pop and sauce thickens. Remove orange peel and cinnamon stick and throw away.
- Transfer sauce to serving bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature. Or let cool and store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days, then serve cold.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved