This classic Tuna Noodle Bake was my mother’s recipe and always brings back childhood memories for me.
Tuna Noodle Bake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 14 ratings
- 3 Cups Uncooked Wide Egg Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 1/4 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Oil Packed Tuna (Flaked & Undrained)
- 1 Medium Tomato (Seeded & Diced)
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter medium-size casserole dish. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and transfer to large-size bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss to avoid clumping.
- In large-size saucepan melt butter over a medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add flour, pepper, and paprika. Cook 1 minute. Stir constantly. Add milk, kosher salt, and mustard. Whisk to blend. Cook 5 minutes until sauce thickens, making sure to whisk often. Add sour cream and whisk until blended. Remove from heat and pour sauce over noodles.
- Add tuna with its oil. Add parsley and diced tomato, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix to coat. Pour mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserve