Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Pears, Pears, Pears! I’m in love with the fresh pears right now. I picked up a bunch at a farm stand this weekend and decided to make a delicious cake with them. Baking in the oven, the smell is delightful.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Ripe Pears
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Large Eggs (Beaten)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Makes Topping: Melt butter and sugar together in small-size pan over a medium heat until bubbling, creamy, and medium-caramel color. Pour into 9 inch square or round pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly by tilting pan.
- Peel, core and cut pears in half. Arrange pears cut side down on topping in baking pan.
- In medium-size bowl combine unbleached flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In large-size bowl mix beaten eggs, brown sugar, molasses, milk, and melted butter.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and gently combine. You will want a smooth batter, but make sure not to over mix.
- Place pan over a baking rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven 50 to 55 minutes. Remember that each oven heats differently to check at 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan. Carefully cover top of pan with large-size serving plate and turn over quickly, emptying cake onto plate.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 55 Minutes Total Time: 95 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved