Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
It’s a great day to make cookies. Snow or no snow, start your oven and fill your house with the wonderful smell of cookies.
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (Sifted)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Pieces
- In large-size bowl cream together butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt on low speed until just blended. Place dough on parchment paper and shape into a 12 inch long log. Chill 3 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper. Cut dough log into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on cookie sheets. Place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Place cooled cookies on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Place chocolate pieces in microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for 15 seconds. Repeat at 5 second intervals, stirring and checking the consistency. The chocolate is ready when it freely drips from the spoon in a fine line. Spoon chocolate into large-size plastic food storage bag. Twist bag until chocolate is in one corner and then trim the very tip of that corner. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. If you want to then skip placing chocolate in plastic storage bag and just spread melted chocolate on tops of cookies.
- Let cookies set until chocolate has hardened. Transfer to serving platter.
- Makes 2 Dozen
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 42 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved