Blackberry Lemon Scones
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Zest Of 1 Large Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cold And Cut Into Cues)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh Blackberries (Roughly Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine unbleached flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and lemon zest. Add cold butter cubes and mix with pastry blender or two forks until mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl whisk together heavy cream, egg, and vanilla. Drizzle over flour mixture and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in the blackberries. Dough will be wet. With floured hands work dough into a ball and transfer to floured surface. Press into 8-inch disc. Cut into 8 equal wedges. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Place in oven 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool.
- In small-size bowl combine melted butter, lemon juice, and milk. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy. Add a bit more milk if necessary until mixture is thin. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved