These tender muffins use sour cream and only a small amount of corn meal so that they stay nice and moist. For the best results (and taller muffins) chill the batter two hours ahead.
Blueberry Corn Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 Muffins
- (5 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- After dough has finished chilling preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In small-size bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream.
- In large-size bowl beat butter, sugar, and lemon juice 2 minutes. Gradually add sour cream/egg mixture. Mix until well incorporated. Gradually add flour mixture and mix just until combined. You don’t want to over mix. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and divide batter evenly among muffin cups. They will be quite full. Place in oven 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer muffins to cooling rack to cool.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve.
- Makes 12 Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes Chill Time: 120 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved