Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
I grew up eating this Czech cake, which was often filled with a layer of poppy seeds. I’ve left out the poppy seeds, but you may add them if you want to.
- 1 2/3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons Rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour fluted ring mold (Bundt Pan) or 10 inch tube pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk, butter, eggs, and rum. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place in oven 30 minutes until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Remove from oven and cool in pan 15 minutes before removing.
- Place dinner plate over cake pan and turn upside down to remove cake. Let cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved