Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Yes, yes, yes, it’s that time again! Many of us ate way too much during the holidays and now we’re looking to correct our wayward ways. I like to start off the year with plenty of salads and my flavor-packed Broccoli Salad is one of my favorites. You can also make this salad a day ahead and refrigerate.
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (Or Reduced-Fat Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 8 Cups Chopped Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 6 Slices Bacon (Cooked, Drained & Crumbled)
- In large-size bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Add broccoli and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours. When ready to serve remove from refrigerator, stir in red onion, cheese, sunflower seeds, and crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Note: If you’re short on time you may use precooked bacon and cut-up broccoli from your local supermarket.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved