Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
This delicious fresh lettuce salad with grilled zucchini, corn and soft goat cheese makes a great side dish. Juicy corn kernels and tender zucchini are dressed in a tangy lemon basil vinaigrette. To make this salad vegan just leave out the goat cheese.
- 3 Medium Zucchinis (Halved Lengthwise)
- 2 Large Ears Of Corn (Husk/Silk Removed)
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Torn Butter Lettuce
- Heat grill to medium. Clean greats as necessary. While grill is heating lightly drizzle zucchini and corn with1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place zucchini and corn over direct flames on grill for 10 minutes. Turn every few minutes.
- After 10 minutes move corn away from direct heat, but still leave it inside grill. Flip zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes until easy to pierce with a fork, but not soft. Remove vegetables from grill and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice zucchini and cut corn off the cob. In medium-size bowl toss zucchini and corn with lemon juice, remaining olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Add goat cheese.
- On serving platter lay a bed of lettuce. Spoon mixture over lettuce.
- Serve as a side dish at room temperature or cold.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved