Yields or Serves: 2
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 3.5/5]
Tags: Bread Crumbs, Broiled Scallops, Butter, Chives, Dinner, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Paprika, Pepper, Salt, Scallops, Seafood
Over the years I have grown to love scallops. Buttery, delicious, incredibly versatile, and surprisingly easy to cook, scallops are a true seafood treasure.
- 1 Pound Scallops (Drain And Pat Dry)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove (Finely Chopped)
- 3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Chives (For Garnish)
- Preheat oven broiler using maximum setting.
- Place scallops in shallow heatproof baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic. Mix in bread crumbs thoroughly. Crumbs should be very buttery. Add additional melted butter if you like. Pat crumbs lightly over scallops and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Broil about 3 inches under the broiler heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Shellfish toughens and shrinks when exposed to too much heat.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 7 Minutes Total Time: 27 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved