Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Bleu Cheese, Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce, Butter, Celery, Chicken, Chicken Meatballs, Chicken Meatballs With Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce, Dip, Eggs, Garlic, Garlic Powder, Greek Yogurt, Ground Chicken, Hot Sauce, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Mayonnaise, Meat Balls, Olive Oil, Panko Breadcrumbs, Poultry, Salt, Shallots, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, white wine, White Wine Vinegar, Wine, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com, Yogurt
If you have the time make the blue cheese dip the night before for a better flavor.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot (Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Celery (Finely Minced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Finely Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 1/4 Pounds Ground Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Your Favorite Hot Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 8 Ounces Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Bleu Cheese (Crumbled)
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Bleu Cheese Dip: In small-size bowl combine Greek yogurt, crumbled bleu cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Meatballs: Heat large-size skillet over a medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add olive oil and swirl to coat. Cook shallows, celery, and garlic 3 minutes. Add white wine and scrape any remaining bits from bottom of pan. Allow wine to completely reduce. Turn off heat and allow vegetables to cool slightly and place into large-size mixing bowl. Add ground chicken, eggs, and panko breadcrumbs to sautéed vegetables and combine well. Roll into 1-inch meatballs. Add a splash more olive oil to skillet and brown meatballs over a medium-high heat. Lower heat, cover and cook 8 minutes until juices are running clear.
- Remove meatballs to serving platter. Wipe out skillet and add butter and hot sauce. Heat until bubbly. Pour sauce over resting meatballs and serve hot with bleu cheese dipping sauce on the side.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 18 Minutes Total Time: 33 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved