Quick-pickled cabbage joins forces with whole grains and beans. A tahini dressing gives the dish a Middle Eastern flavor.
Chickpea & Cabbage Bowl
- Prep Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 3/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Cups Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Head Broccoli (Cut Into Florets)
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 Seedless Cucumber (Sliced)
- 1/2 Pint Grape Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Water
- In microwave-safe bowl combine vinegar and sugar. Stir in cabbage. Cover and microwave 1 minute. Let stand.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In small-size bowl whisk together tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and 1/4 cup water.
- Drain cabbage. In large-size bowl combine cabbage, rice, broccoli, carrots, chickpeas, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved