Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Steep a pot of Earl Grey and enjoy your homemade Cream Scones with orange marmalade, lemon curd, or clotted cream.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Cold Butter (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoons Cold Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1-cup cream, stirring until mixture is evenly moist. If dough seems dry, add more cream, 1 tablespoon at a time. Working gently, bring mixture together with hands until a dough forms.
- Turn out dough onto lightly flour surface. Knead gently 4 to 5 times. Using rolling pin roll dough to 1-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch fluted round cutter cut 12 scones from dough, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place scones 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops of scones with remaining 1-tablespoon cream.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve warm.
- Makes 12 Scones
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved