Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Baked Goods, Baking Powder, Butter, Chocolate, Cocoa, Corn Syrup, Dark Corn Syrup, Desserts, Egg Whites, Eggs, Espresso Coffee, Flour, Fudgy Low-Fat Brownies, Greenwich Free Press, Hot Water, Instant Espresso Coffee, Kosher Salt, Low Fat, Salt, Sugar, Unbleached Flour, Unsweetened Cocoa, Valentine's Day, Vanilla, Vanilla Extract, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Water, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching which seems to be all about chocolate. Give these moist, chocolaty, and low-fat brownies to your sweetie. You’ll be showing your love by not overloading your Valentine with zillions of calories.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Instant Espresso Coffee
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Water
- 3/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line with parchment paper 8 inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- In small-size bowl dissolve espresso in hot water. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over a low heat. Remove from heat. With wooden spoon, stir in sugar, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla, and espresso liquid until just blended. Make sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place in oven and bake 20 minutes. Remember that each oven heats differently so make sure to do the toothpick test (insert in center and if it comes out clean it’s done).
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan.
- When brownies have cooled, cut them into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 4 pieces. If brownies are difficult to cut, use a knife dipped in hot water and dried. Repeat as necessary.
- Makes 16 Brownies
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen