Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Afternoon Tea, Bread, Brunch, Cream Cheese, Cucumber Sandwiches, Cucumber Sandwiches With Strawberries & Watercress, Cucumbers, Greenwich Free Press, Lemon Zest, Lunch, Mint, Sandwiches, Strawberries, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, Watercress, Wheat Bread, Whole Wheat Bread, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
These spring sandwiches are perfect for lunch, brunch, or an afternoon tea.
- 8 Large Strawberries (Divided)
- 8 Tablespoons (4 Ounces) Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Seedless Cucumber (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Bunch Watercress (Long Stems Trimmed)
- 8 Slices Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread
- Roughly chop 4 strawberries and slice remaining 4. In large-size bowl, mash chopped strawberries with fork or potato masher. Add cream cheese, mint and lemon zest. Mix until well combined.
- Spread strawberry mixture evenly between slices of bread. Arrange cucumbers, sliced strawberries, and watercress over half of the slices. Top with remaining slices to form sandwiches. Cut in half and transfer to serving platter.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved