These spiced pumpkin pancakes are full of seasonal flavor and packed with while grains to keep you going all morning long. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and uncured bacon.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 30 ratings
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk Or Milk Substitute
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Cook Quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- In large-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and kosher salt.
- In medium-size bowl combine milk, pumpkin purée, and egg.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until evenly mixed. Stir in quinoa. Set batter aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place oil in cast-iron griddle or large-size nonstick skillet and heat over a medium heat until hot. Ladle heaping 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle and cook 5 minutes until bottoms are golden brown. Flip and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer until pancakes are cook through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved