Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 5 Average: 4.6/5]
Warm your tummy with this unique Fall Harvest Bisque. If you want to make this soup vegetarian then swap vegetable stock for chicken stock.
- 2 Medium Butternut Squash (Peeled, Seeded & Diced)
- 7 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary (Minced)
- 2 Cups Apple Sauce
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon White Pepper
- In a Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, combine butternut squash, chicken stock, apple cider, cinnamon stick, and minced rosemary.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes until squash is tender.
- Discard cinnamon stick.
- Remove from heat and transfer to food processor or blender. Puree in batches.
- Return mixture to Dutch oven and add apple sauce, half & half, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, kosher salt, and white pepper.
- Turn heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally and make sure not to boil.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls.
- Serves 6
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin