Yields or Serves: 4
The weather is changing and this is when I like to start making soups. I always make sure to make enough for leftovers that are excellent for the next day’s lunch. I like using a short pasta for this soup, but you may use whatever you have on hand.
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Cubed Pumpkin
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Kale (Rough Chopped)
- 2 Cups Pasta Of Your Choice
- 1 Lemon (Juice & Zest)
- In large-size pot add olive oil and turn heat to medium. Add onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, rosemary, sage, kosher salt, and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes until onions are softened. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add pumpkin and chicken. Turn heat to a medium-low and cover pot. Cook 30 minutes. When chicken has cooked through remove it from soup and transfer to plate. Let chicken cool a bit and shred. Add chicken back into pot. Add kale, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook another 10 minutes.
- While soup is cooking bring large-size pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Add cooked pasta to 4 soup bowls. Ladle soup over pasta.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved