Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Just because you’re eliminating gluten in your diet, it doesn’t have to mean eliminating fun and good taste. These lemon squares have a slightly nutty shortbread crust and a delicious bright lemon filling that offer the perfect balance between tangy and sweet.
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Cold Butter (Diced)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Cornstarch
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8 inch square pan. I like using a glass baking pan for this recipe. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine almond flour, sugar, cornstarch, and kosher salt. Add cold butter pieces and work into dry ingredients with pastry blender or your fingers until mixture is crumbly.
- Transfer crust mixture to prepared baking pan. Evenly distribute and press crust into bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Place in oven 10 minutes until golden brown.
- While crust is baking make filling ingredients. In medium-size bowl beat eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. Add kosher salt and cornstarch. Beat until cornstarch has dissolved.
- Remove pan from oven and pour filling over hot crust. Return to oven for another 15 minutes until filling appears set.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan before cutting. Cut into 2 inch pieces and transfer to serving plate. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Makes 16
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved