This is one of the easiest apple pies to make. You can prepare it a day ahead, refrigerate it, and then bake it an hour and a half before you plan to serve it.
Holiday Apple Crumble Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 6 Large Granny Smith Apples (Peeled, Cored, Thinly sliced)
- 1 Cup Sugar (Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
- 1 Unbaked Pastry Crust (9 Inch)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine apples, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, kosher salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make sure all apples slices are well coated. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In medium-size bowl combine remaining sugar with flour and butter. Mix until mixture forms a crumble mixture.
- Transfer apples to unbaked pastry crust. Cover with crumble mixture.
- Place in oven 55 to 60 minutes until filling is bubbling and apples are tender. If crust or topping are getting too dark just cover with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and cool 1 hour before serving.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved